May 07 - 09, 2018
Chicago Marriott Downtown
Day Three – Wednesday, May 9, 2018: Bridging B2B Online Business Strategies For Today To Tomorrow
7:50 am - 8:25 am Continental Breakfast & Registration
7:50 am - 8:25 am Private Invitation Only Breakfast
7:50 am - 8:25 am Private Invitation Only Breakfast
8:45 am - 9:00 am Fireside Chat: Virtualization Of B2B Customer Engagement
Come join Ryan for an entertaining and informative chat on where B2B customer engagement is moving. Ryan will discuss next generation selling tools and selling models that will be necessary to stay competitive in the future and the investments needed today. He will also chat about how the next generation of channels are shifting, blurring and evolving from online catalogs to rep and click, brick and click and pure click models. Lastly, he will share the advancement in talent management Georgia-Pacific has taken to ensure the next set of leaders are ready for the virtualization of B2B customer engagement.
9:00 am - 9:20 am KEYNOTE! Could You Help Me? I’d Like To Buy Something: Meeting The Customer In Their Digital Journey and Building The Experience.Kevin Espinosa, Digital Experience Manager,Caterpillar
Your customer has high expectations of your company. If you are delivering disparate human and digital experiences they are most likely dissatisfied. It is important you are meeting their needs digitally like you are face to face. To accomplish this, it is imperative to understand the customers’ digital footprint and what they expect from you. Join Kevin as he presents tactics to:
• Better understand the customer by collecting and centralizing their data
• Track the digital to physical footprint
• Align channels so no customer is lost in the journey
• Build platform strategy to catapult your plans
Kevin EspinosaDigital Experience Manager
9:20 am - 9:50 am KEYNOTE PANEL DISCUSSION: Building The B2B Company Of The FutureJosh Meyerowitz, President and Founder,SupplyHouse.com Stephanie Wilcox, VP, eCommerce and Strategic Accounts,Visual Comfort Group Linda Brunner, VP, Digital Engagement,Siemens Healthineers
Place your bets on these predictions! The leaders on this panel, from start-up to enterprise businesses, take their years of experience and share what they think it takes for a company to grow in today’s market. Join them as they discuss the future of digital Manufacturers and Distributors:
- What is it that is driving your business? How do you view today’s B2B landscape in terms of growth opportunities?
- How are you defining innovation in B2B selling today?
- Where do you see revenue growth streams within your respective vertical?
- How you are investing (which channels) and why? What have been the key differentiators for you?
Josh MeyerowitzPresident and Founder
Stephanie WilcoxVP, eCommerce and Strategic Accounts
Visual Comfort Group
Linda BrunnerVP, Digital Engagement
9:50 am - 10:10 am KEYNOTE! From Bootstrap To Booming B2B Business: Lessons Learned For Hyper GrowthPaul Shrater, Co-Founder,Minimus.biz
As co-founder and COO of Minimus.biz, Paul has been on quite the business journey—from a bootstrap startup in 2004 with just himself and zero employees to being in the Internet Retailer B2C 2nd 500 guide and the B2B top 300 guide, Paul’s hustle is paying off, and here you can learn his lessons in hyper growth:
- Integrating and supporting partner businesses added along the way
- Testing the waters before overcommitting with too much risk with guerilla marketing tactics, nimble decision making
- Looking ahead and strategizing to prevent being the next Blockbuster Video
10:10 am - 10:40 am Morning JOLT! Refreshment & Networking Break
It’s day three of the event so ensure you are refreshed to soak up every last bit of information!
10:40 am - 11:10 am TECHNOLOGY PANEL DISCUSSION REMIX: Staying Up-To-Date On Technology Innovations That Deliver An Immediate ROINicholas Loeffler, CIO,Addivant Jennie Stenback, Vice President, Marketing, Communications & Digital Strategy,3Wire Group: A Marmon/Berkshire Hathaway Company Gilbert Moreno, Director of Information Technology, eBusiness Applications (ni.com),National Instruments Ed Fenton, Sr. Director, Digital IT,Univar Eric Allen, SVP,Credit Key
As companies rapidly expand their product across online channels, how can you continue to keep up with cutting edge innovation? How can you decipher the need to haves and the nice to haves? The executives discuss how they are discovering the technology that is the difference maker for their companies:
- What trends/technologies are coming down the pipe in the next few years that will influence your online strategies?
- Assessing which tech trends are need-to-haves to enhance CX and drive ROI
- Once you’ve mastered the basics of providing an e-commerce website, what is coming down the pipe that will generate revenue for your brand?
- Scaling up content: creating new entry points to sell products
- What technologies are working for you brand? What are you currently testing? Which technologies offer the most effective return on your spend?
- AR and VR
- Predictive analytics: get a full understanding of how your consumer shops, boosting ROI by sending product suggestions
- Online custom order technology and pricing information
Jennie StenbackVice President, Marketing, Communications & Digital Strategy
3Wire Group: A Marmon/Berkshire Hathaway Company
Gilbert MorenoDirector of Information Technology, eBusiness Applications (ni.com)
Ed FentonSr. Director, Digital IT
11:10 am - 11:20 am inGauge B2B Customer LoyaltyDoug Press, CEO,The Incentive Group
The challenge with small and mid size customer sets is they are large in number, disparate in size and widely distributed. The opportunity however, is they are likely your greatest source of incremental revenue growth and the highest margin accounts in your customer base.
This session will illustrate an invaluable Digital Dialogue solution for these customer sets utilizing best practice B2B Loyalty Programs. Leveraging the best-in-class inGauge platform, clients engender a deeper, more pervasive level of Customer Engagement and do so brilliantly with a Pay-for-Performance model.
Learn how Digital B2B Loyalty Programs effectively:
• Drive incremental Revenue and Margin growth by increasing Account Share
• Accelerate New Customer Acquisition
• Inspire Referrals
• Elevate Customer Retention
• Yield invaluable new Customer Data sets
• Reinforce positive Customer Behaviors
The Incentive Group
11:20 am - 11:50 am B2B ASSESSMENT LIGHTNING ROUND PANEL: Are These B2C Tactics Viable For Your Business?Paul Shrater, Co-Founder,Minimus.biz Anoop Kulshreshtha, Vice President, Digital Technology,Henry Schein Robert Elzner, Director, Online Marketing & eCommerce,Dell, Inc.
With all this talk of B2B businesses building out B2C-like experiences, what strategies are really achievable? The leaders on this panel offer their opinions as well as use-cases so you, too, can assess if these popular B2C tactics may work for your business:
- Subscription model: out with the old and constantly in with the new to keep product and production fresh
- Gamifying the customer experience—could this be a new frontier of loyalty?
- Social media: how targeted can you get with relationship building?
- Examining your business’ demographic and customer base to assess if same day or next day delivery is achievable without cutting into profit margins
Anoop KulshreshthaVice President, Digital Technology
Robert ElznerDirector, Online Marketing & eCommerce
11:50 am - 12:10 pm KEYNOTE B2B 2.0 Topic! Increasing AOV With A Personalized PlatformVikas Bhumireddy, Senior Manager, Digital Platform,Edgewell Personal Care
For smaller products that can easily be re-ordered, building out a personalized account portal is the key to increasing customer engagement. Vikas has built a platform that is a truly personalized portal for accounts and allows its customers to see how much product can be put in a shipping box; by “squeezing in” those smaller products, you can reduce amount of boxes shipped, have a better global footprint, and of course boost bottom line. Strategies covered in this eye-opening session include:
- Increasing AOV by having proper bundling, up-selling ,and cross-selling in the customer journey
- Improving order processing with the growth of online transactions; managing more orders with small bandwidth
- Out of stock, but not out of luck: connecting with the online buyer to locate an out-of-stock item, and pushing upsells or cross-sells other products that could meet buyers’ needs
- Setting up systems to take into account shipping costs and inventory to reduce operating costs and increase customer satisfaction operating costs and increase customer satisfaction
Vikas BhumireddySenior Manager, Digital Platform
Edgewell Personal Care
12:10 pm - 12:20 pm Innovation Spotlight
To host this Innovation Spotlight and showcase a forward thinking technology, please contact Alicia.Upchurch@wbresearch.com
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm KEYNOTE! Culture As Your Competitive Advantage: How To Shape Your Company Culture And Why It Matters More Than You ThinkMichael O'Shea, VP of eCommerce & Product Management,Parts Town
Technology features are easy to replicate. Truly sustainable competitive advantage comes from culture. In this session, Michael maps out quantifiable results and qualitative insights gleaned from the success that Parts Town and other leading B2B companies have achieved by investing in culture…it might even be funny. Be inspired to:
- Define your unique culture
- Integrate culture and values into your strategy and operations
- Evolve your culture over time
Michael O'SheaVP of eCommerce & Product Management
12:40 pm - 1:40 pm Lunch For All Attendees
12:40 pm - 1:40 pm Private Invitation Only Lunch Workshop
12:40 pm - 1:40 pm Private Invitation Only Lunch Workshop
1:40 pm - 2:00 pm KEYNOTE! Top Notch Cyber Security For You And Your CustomersAlan Yang, Vice President, Applications & Architecture,MSC Industrial Supply
Given that our businesses are now all online and large and transactions are taking place, how have you thought about securing your customers’ information? This past year, MSC’s eCommerce sales were 61% of its business; and as the business grew, it was imperative to look out for new emerging threats and fraud. Alan presents the tactics around security and privacy laws he has been evaluating and implementing to future proof MSC’s business:
- Evaluating partners for security and privacy laws
- What fraudulent activity you need to be aware of today and in the future
- The payoff of investing in peace of mind
Alan YangVice President, Applications & Architecture
MSC Industrial Supply
2:00 pm - 2:20 pm How Controlling Online Marketplace Sales & Stopping Unauthorized Sellers Can Boost RevenuesScott Barbour, VP of Sales And Customer Success,Derive Systems Daren Garcia, Co-Head, Online Seller Enforcement Practice,Vorys Legal Counsel
Many companies today don’t have sufficient control over the sale of their products and, consequently, are faced with numerous anonymous third parties selling their products on the marketplaces. This lack of control creates several problems in the digital age, including brand erosion caused by massive intra-brand competition, harm to e-commerce sales growth, inability to operate a viable MAP program, quality issues leading to bad online reviews and erosion of brand value, and upset distributors, dealers, and other authorized sellers.
Daren Garcia, co-leader of Vorys’ Seller Enforcement group, and Scott Barbour, vice president of sales at Derive Systems, will explain strategies that can be used to control online sales and stop unauthorized sellers from interfering with their business goals. This includes distribution strategies, foundational policies, methods for controlling a brand’s online listing content and enforcement approaches that combine technology, investigation and legal tactics to permanently remove unauthorized sellers. Attendees will leave with concrete action items they can take back to their teams and begin the process of regaining control over their online sales, including:
- Distribution approaches that allow brands to more easily control their sales
- Business policies and procedures that will enhance a brand’s ability to achieve MAP compliance and/or assert legal claims against third-party unauthorized sellers
- Strategies to prevent third-party sellers from being able to rely upon the first sale doctrine to defend their unauthorized activities
- Tactics to identify anonymous marketplace sellers
- Tactics to control the content for your brand’s marketplace listing
- Cutting-edge enforcement systems that combine technical, investigative and thought-leading legal tactics designed to permanently remove unauthorized sellers, as opposed to playing a never-ending game of “whack-a-mole”
Scott BarbourVP of Sales And Customer Success
Daren GarciaCo-Head, Online Seller Enforcement Practice
Vorys Legal Counsel
2:20 pm - 2:50 pm LIGHTNING TALK: Predictions And The 3 Things To Tee Up For 2019Shalin Shah, VP, Omnichannel and eCommerce,Georgia-Pacific LLC Matthew Clark, VP, eCommerce & Digital Marketing,Premier Farnell Silas Carter, eCommerce & Online Merchandising Senior Manager,Dell
Manufacturers and Distributors are breaking free of traditional operations, but finding a balance between innovative technology and traditional sales is challenge. Businesses are becoming nimble and agile to understand the customer on a deeper level from discovery to order/checkout. The thought leaders on this panel look into their crystal ball and give their best predictions of:
- The next gen of your colleagues: turning the traditional marketer into a data scientist
- Real time RFP and pulling in online pricing model configuration
- Driving customers to purchase with enhanced mobile design—evangelizing the customers while lending live support
- Verbal search and its impact—how will the search ecosystem change?
- AR and VR: best vase uses today but looking out for tomorrow’s opportunities
Shalin ShahVP, Omnichannel and eCommerce
Matthew ClarkVP, eCommerce & Digital Marketing
Silas CartereCommerce & Online Merchandising Senior Manager