May 07 - 09, 2018
Chicago Marriott Downtown
Day Two – Tuesday, May 8, 2018: Engagement & Customer Experience Optimization
7:50 am - 8:30 am Continental Breakfast & Registration
7:30 am - 8:30 am Women In B2B BreakfastAnne Vranicic, VP, Marketing,Valin
*The breakfast is now full but please still RSVP to join the waitlist*
Limited capacity to 30 Distributors and Manufacturers. Please RSVP to Megan.Kessler@wbresearch.com
A breakfast full of fun and reflection of women paving the way in B2B business success!
Anne VranicicVP, Marketing
7:30 am - 8:30 am Private Invitation Only Breakfast Hosted By DEG Digital: “Consolidating Online and Offline Data for a 360-Degree View of the Customer”John Stauffer, Managing Director of Strategic Planning and Channel Strategy ,DEG Digital
Join John Stauffer, Managing Director Strategic Planning & Channel Strategy at DEG—a full-service digital agency—along with senior decision makers from industry companies for an exclusive breakfast: Consolidating Online and Offline Data for a 360-Degree View of the Customer.
You’ll have the opportunity for an open conversation with your peers around the following:
• Sharing product information management across channels for top insights into order process, beginning to end
• Establishing real-time collections of product sales data across channels
• Integrating customer data through RFP, future business plans and objectives for product demand
• Pulling in online pricing model configuration to see how the customer is digitally interacting with product
You’ll also receive:
• The latest emarketer report: B2B Commerce 2018: Transforming Buying and Selling
• An exclusive report from DEG and B2B Online: Transforming B2B CX with Data-Driven Commerce
• A checklist to use immediately following the roundtable session
John StaufferManaging Director of Strategic Planning and Channel Strategy
8:55 am - 9:15 am KEYNOTE! How Marketers Innovate In Traditional IndustriesMonique Elliott, CMO, Industrial Solutions,GE
Join Monique as she discusses the importance of embracing both external customer resistance and internal organizational friction to create new ways of doing business and advancing innovation. Learn how a 130-year old traditional manufacturing company pivoted to adopt innovative ecommerce strategies and technology by infusing a non-traditional approach marketing. Also explore the evolving role of the Chief Marketing Officer and discuss what new skill sets are valued, how does technology change the game and what new organizational structures are on the horizon.
Monique ElliottCMO, Industrial Solutions
9:15 am - 9:35 am KEYNOTE! Omnichannel B2B Commerce: 5 Crucial ConsiderationsRussell Scherwin, Director of Marketing, Watson Commerce,IBM
Omni-channel B2B commerce entails consistency across field and digital selling channels. You'll learn to provide your sales and marketing leaders with the ability to execute market strategies in every customer interaction, while optimizing margin in every transaction. Attendees will leave this interactive session with insights on addressing B2B Commerce projects, 5 critical success factors, and how to avoid common adoption challenges.
Russell ScherwinDirector of Marketing, Watson Commerce
9:35 am - 10:05 am KEYNOTE PANEL DISCUSSION: It’s A Partnership: Selecting The Right eCommerce Platform For Your BusinessMichael Ali, Chief Digital and Information Officer,Omega Engineering Mike Powers, eCommerce Manager,Hill & Markes Anne Vranicic, VP, Marketing,Valin Chris Rooney, President and Founder,Digital Bridge Solutions Jon Panella, GVP Technology, Global Commerce Alliance Strategy Lead ,SapientRazorfish
As your company continues to optimize its omni-channel processes, you need to ensure you have a smooth methodology for software selection and planning. The senior executives on this panel bring their extensive processes and experiences to life in how they have built out robust online capabilities by:
- Deciding which software platform meets your needs: what are the key criteria?
- Rethinking current best practices in the platform review process
- Understanding why you need more than a scoring model to evaluate vendors
- Identifying how to avoid the possible hiccups that cause project creep and budget overages
Michael AliChief Digital and Information Officer
Mike PowerseCommerce Manager
Hill & Markes
Anne VranicicVP, Marketing
Chris RooneyPresident and Founder
Digital Bridge Solutions
Jon PanellaGVP Technology, Global Commerce Alliance Strategy Lead
10:05 am - 10:55 am Brew-tiful Morning Refreshment & Networking Break Hosted By Motionpoint
Grab a cup of joe and explore the latest tech in our Solutions Zone!
10:55 am - 11:15 am KEYNOTE! Disrupting The Steel Industry Through PlatformsGisbert Rühl, CEO,Klöckner & Co SE
Buying and selling steel is very inefficient and costly today. This is because the market is very fragmented and has not seen much technical innovation in the last 100 years. As a steel service center and distributor with a 110 year-old history, Klöckner has set out to disrupt itself and the industry by launching an online market place specifically for steel and metals.
- Think big and start-small
- Understand the value for the customer
- Digitally connected steel industry
Klöckner & Co SE
11:15 am - 11:35 am KEYNOTE! Enhancing Customer Experience With Data And Analytics – Lessons From EssendantKen Sauers, VP, Pricing And Business Integration,Essendant Mihir Kittur, Co-Founder & Chief Commercial Officer,Ugam
The B2B purchase process has shifted to one where buyers now expect a B2C experience across the board, leaving many B2B Distributors struggling to keep up – often battling slow reaction times and under-leveraged insights to improve business performance.
In this session, Ken Sauers, VP of pricing & business integration at leading wholesale distributor Essendant, along with Mihir Kittur, chief commercial officer at global data and analytics provider Ugam, will outline the fundamental ways in which Distributors can take advantage of data and analytics to improve efficiency, optimize product assortments and product alternates – leading to improved customer experience and overall business performance.
Key takeaways from the session include:
- Essendant’s path to providing superior customer experience.
- Applying machine learning to manual processes for successful problem-solving.
- The road ahead for improving performance using data and analytics.
Ken SauersVP, Pricing And Business Integration
Mihir KitturCo-Founder & Chief Commercial Officer
11:35 am - 12:05 pm KEYNOTE PANEL DISCUSSION: Driving Digital Adoption: If You Build It, Will They Come?Leor Bachar, B2B Commerce Leader,Deloitte Consulting LLP Charlie Bonomo, Senior Vice President and CIO,MSC Direct Chip Devine, SVP, eCommerce and Omni-Channel Business,Ferguson Larry Davis, CEO | Chairman | Co-Founder,AgoNow Julie Collins, Director, Global Head of eCommerce/Digital Marketing,Alcon Laboratories, a division of Novartis
Digital leaders know that B2B eCommerce and Self Service success – whether measured by revenue, site visits, or orders - comes down to driving adoption. But it’s not as easy as launching a website/app, and hosting some training webinars; it’s a change of culture, mindset and best practices to engage customers, sales reps and CSRs. The panelists share their tips on:
- Getting digital, product, and sales reps to listen and leverage one another so the entire organization understands eCommerce’s big wins
- Looking at how to structure your organization to incorporate omni-channel capabilities
- Driving customers to the website, and building customer-driven design solutions
- Delighting users, solving problems, and driving real business results through various online vehicles
- Leveraging CRM and customer segmentation to develop an overall picture of your customer as the foundation for your strategy
- Using agile development methodologies to react quickly to business need
Charlie BonomoSenior Vice President and CIO
Chip DevineSVP, eCommerce and Omni-Channel Business
Larry DavisCEO | Chairman | Co-Founder
Julie CollinsDirector, Global Head of eCommerce/Digital Marketing
Alcon Laboratories, a division of Novartis
Leor BacharB2B Commerce Leader
Deloitte Consulting LLP
12:05 pm - 12:25 pm Going Beyond Direct Sales To Address The Complexities of Today’s B2B Customer JourneyMark Bartlett, Chief Experience Officer,FPX
Today’s B2B customers expect a B2C-style experience across all channels and touch points. Yet many Manufacturers struggle to deliver their complex products, services and solutions in the seamless, cohesive digital experience their customers have come to expect. In this enlightening session, Mark Bartlett—an expert practitioner of eCommerce and digital transformation and chief experience officer for FPX—offers a proven strategy to help Manufacturers close the “Complexity Gap” and capitalize on a Multi-Trillion Dollar opportunity:
- Why today’s B2B customer journey is omnichannel
- How to exceed the rising expectations of the modern B2B customer
- Understand the “Complexity Gap” Manufacturers face in this era of digital transformation
- How enterprise CPQ can help close the “Complexity Gap” and deliver a personalized, B2C-like experience across all buying and selling channels
Mark BartlettChief Experience Officer
12:25 pm - 12:45 pm B2B 2.0 Topic! Moving Towards A One Customer, One Brand Mentality For Omni-Channel SuccessSushma Shirish, Director & Head of B2B E-Commerce,HP, Inc.
HP has been busy eliminating channel conflict between the salesforce and online channels. By empowering sales associates as the face of the company, and with top mobile tech, sales have soared. Learn from Sushma as she presents tactics to implement global B2B omni-solutions:
• Reinforce your brand with the salesforce to ensure they effectively represent the brand and are equipped with brand knowledge via mobile tech
o Emphasizing sales channels work in tandem
• Analyzing a new corporate structure: giving commission to salesforce if product sold online to a core customer
• Training salesforce to have a more effective method for collecting CRM data, and are conversely empowered with CRM data to sales
Sushma ShirishDirector & Head of B2B E-Commerce
12:45 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch For All Attendees
12:45 pm - 2:00 pm Private Lunch With IBM: It’s a New Omnichannel B2B WorldKris Hamrick, Watson Commerce Business Unit Executive,IBM Gilbert Moreno, Director of Information Technology, eBusiness Applications (ni.com),National Instruments Adrienne Hartman, Director of eCommerce & Inbound Sales,J. J. Keller & Associate
B2B is at in inflection point and customer expectations have shifted tremendously. It’s a new B2B commerce world now - business buyers demand true omnichannel experiences. Listen to this customer panel of B2B industry experts and hear how they are driving seamless omnichannel experiences within their organizations to meet the demands of customers. Join this panel as they discuss key topics, lessons learned and what it takes to be successful with B2B omnichannel commerce.
Gilbert MorenoDirector of Information Technology, eBusiness Applications (ni.com)
Adrienne HartmanDirector of eCommerce & Inbound Sales
J. J. Keller & Associate
Kris HamrickWatson Commerce Business Unit Executive
12:45 pm - 2:00 pm Private Lunch With BlueTarp Financial: How To Accelerate Online And Offline B2B SalesLisa Balter Saacks, Head of Business Development,BlueTarp
Online and offline B2B customers expect a seamless experience that doesn’t stop once they’ve placed the order. Companies that don’t consider the entire customer journey will quickly lose customers to the competition. The secret is to identify common credit-related pitfalls that are turning away your customers and slowing down your sales team.
Learn how to accelerate your B2B sales – including e-commerce – in this roundtable discussion with BlueTarp, who exclusively services B2B companies. We’ll discuss simple ways to improve your customer experience while freeing up your sales team to sell more.
Topics will include :
• How to win and retain customers with the best customer experience
• Reduce sales and credit friction with increased transparency
• Three ways your credit program is slowing down online and offline sales
Lisa Balter SaacksHead of Business Development
Track A: Digital Marketing And Customer Experience2:00 pm - 2:10 pm Chairperson’s Opening Address Monica Cravotta, Senior Director of Product Marketing,WP Engine
Track A: Digital Marketing And Customer Experience2:10 pm - 2:40 pm Case Study Remix: Creating Video To Market Product Across Platforms Jennifer Anderson, ED, Global Digital Marketing & Social Media Engagement,Sealed Air Corporation
By 2020, video will account for nearly 80% of internet traffic. Video is the go-to platform to showcase products, tell compelling stories and help customers through their buying journey. Join Jennifer as she presents video content creation strategies that have delivered return on engagement and investment:
- Video creation: which video platforms are appropriate for your product, and how to reduce the expensive cost by using free social-video platforms
- Building in-house studios and using smartphones to quickly build low cost but beautiful videos
- Marketing and re-purposing your video across all social platforms to enhance SEO and virality
- Deciding which KPIs to use to effectively measure for ROI
Jennifer AndersonED, Global Digital Marketing & Social Media Engagement
Sealed Air Corporation
Track B: Data and CRM Strategies2:10 pm - 2:40 pm Case Study Remix: Converting Browsing Behavior to Build B2B Relationships Erin McKenrick, Marketing Manager,Van Meter Inc.
Go beyond visit-centric traditional web analytics. Use advanced analytics to create long-term customer relationships that predict online buying behavior and increase conversion rates. Erin presents cutting edge tactics that allow businesses to:
- Implement innovative methods of predictive analytics
- Predict and target segments with the greatest profit potential
- Assess the likelihood of customers defecting to the competitors
- Turn data into a story for your marketing needs—unlocking data’s potential to create a greater customer interactive experience that leads to purchase
Erin McKenrickMarketing Manager
Van Meter Inc.
Track C: The Mobile And Digital Salesforce2:10 pm - 2:40 pm Case Study Remix: Digitizing The Field And Promoting An Omni-Salesforce Jonathan Toler, Head of Product & Innovation,Kloeckner Metals
Kloeckner Metals has been able to motivate and change the culture of its sales and operations teams to support B2B eCommerce. As a metals company, the workforce (and customers) tend to skew older, but Jonathan and team have found success to develop a several different strategies in order to attain customer success:
- Motivating and incentivizing sales professionals through both intrinsic and extrinsic rewards.
- Fostering a practical, solutions based culture of innovation among customers and internal stakeholders.
- Providing new collaboration and communication methods for e-commerce evangelization and data insights.
- Creating flexible & diverse e-commerce experiences that cater to specific market segments and user behaviors.
Jonathan TolerHead of Product & Innovation
Industry Boardrooms2:00 pm - 2:40 pm LEADERS IN MANUFACTURING Jasmine Khambatta, President, Global eCommerce,Filtration Group
An industry specific facilitated strategy discussion focused on addressing challenges and sharing lessons learned within the manufacturing community
(Limited to 15 Participants)
Jasmine KhambattaPresident, Global eCommerce
Track A: Digital Marketing And Customer Experience2:40 pm - 3:00 pm The Great Divide: How B2B Manufacturers and Distributors Can Survive and Thrive in the Age of the Customer Ed Kennedy, Senior Commerce Director,Episerver
Many industries have been insulated from the adoption of Digital Commerce; not anymore. In the Age of the Customer, well designed and convenient ecommerce experiences are table stakes for most firms. Customers’ expectations are at unprecedented levels as Market Leaders deliver low prices and superior logistic dominance. However, price wars are a race to the bottom. B2B companies must compete elsewhere if they are to thrive. Learn from Ed as he discusses:
• Closing The Great Divide: Why and how to compete on experience instead of price.
• How to communicate the need for changing inside your organization
• Discover ideas, strategies, and results from B2B trailblazers
Ed KennedySenior Commerce Director
Track B: Data and CRM Strategies2:40 pm - 3:00 pm Transforming Big Data into Intelligent Data John DeMarco, Manager of Content Excellence,3M Jeff Hunt, CEO,Snap36
When it comes to big data, every attribute is important, but that doesn’t mean all data points are created equal. Basic product content, shipping and logistical data is no longer sufficient for businesses who rely on thousands of critical data points—thus creating a massive gap between the information businesses need and the intelligent data that is available in the marketplace. To put it simply, the expectation is no longer for product data to be available, but rather that the data be complete, correct and accessible. As we work to develop a harmonious ecosystem of information, it’s vital to understand which data points are significant and why they are uniquely valued throughout marketplace.
In this case study, John DeMarco, Manager of Content Excellence at 3M, and Jeff Hunt, CEO at Snap36 will review:
- Best practices in housing data and distributing to internal teams
- How imagery as a data point creates transparency and instills confidence in consumers
- Why product information, such as specifications, functionality and imagery—should be at the heart of any digital strategy
John DeMarcoManager of Content Excellence
Track C: The Mobile And Digital Salesforce2:40 pm - 3:00 pm Get Closer To Your Customer: How Mobile Means More Data For Sales Teams And Distributors Grant Davies, Agency General Manager,Perficient Digital
Mobile technology lets B2B sales reps manage their entire job from a single piece of equipment. An integrated enterprise mobile strategy means instant access to customer data, which lets sales teams deliver on-the-spot, personalized and brand-consistent proposals and presentations. It makes selling easier for sales teams, the process simpler for distributors, and it’s a better experience for customers.
Learn how using an enterprise mobile strategy to get closer to your customer can:
- Increase order size while reducing closing time
- Inform future product innovation
- Provide competitive advantage with your distributors
Grant DaviesAgency General Manager
Industry Boardrooms2:40 pm - 3:00 pm LEADERS IN DISTRIBUTION James Sandora, GVP, Digital,Kerry
An industry specific facilitated strategy discussion focused on addressing challenges and sharing lessons learned within the distribution community.
(Limited to 15 Participants)
James SandoraGVP, Digital
Track A: Digital Marketing And Customer Experience3:00 pm - 3:35 pm CX PANEL DISCUSSION: Putting The “CX” In B2B Arti Lyde, Director, Global Product Management & Strategy,Elkay Manufacturing James Casper, Sr. Director, Global eSolutions,Thermo Fisher Scientific Mitch Lee, Profit Evangelist,Vendavo Tom McGourty, EVP of Business Development,Bridgeline
B2B is more than just business to business—it needs to be customer centric for your sales reps to be succeed. As eCommerce continues to penetrate the B2B community, these executives have pledged to keep top service interactions at the heart of their deals.
- Defining your business’ cornerstones for top customer experience to transcend the entire business lifecycle:
- Pre-sales engagement
- Sales process and fostering the relationship
- Post-sale interactions
- Reviewing your business’ process with decision makers: are your clients’ key stakeholders business goals aligned?
- What do you need to do to ensure RFPs are seamless, clear for continuous sales
- Driving customer loyalty and support post-sale by providing incentives for sales reps to continually build top business relationships
Arti LydeDirector, Global Product Management & Strategy
James CasperSr. Director, Global eSolutions
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Mitch LeeProfit Evangelist
Tom McGourtyEVP of Business Development
Track B: Data and CRM Strategies3:00 pm - 3:35 pm CRM PANEL DISCUSSION: It’s Personal: Creating Better CRM For B2B Success And Business Value Jason Grizzi, Director, Global Marketing and Sales Enablement,Ingersoll Rand Ryan Spooner, Marketing Manager,PacknWood Kilian Veer, COO,ZAGENO
The customer is at the center of your account based marketing strategies. When connecting with the customer, Manufacturers and Distributors should not feel they are invading their privacy; businesses should convey through digital messaging and targeting that the customer is their priority—the leaders on this panel present tactics to leverage the power of data for top CRM personalization.
- Going back to basics: pushing baseline offerings, building engagement, making it customer-centric
- Pulling the customer through seamless experiences and product information throughout the funnel
- Simplifying operations to streamline processes and more efficiently drive profitability
- Tracking identified companies’ browsing history to focus on marketing goals to push valued business
- Deploying alerts and messages as to updates for products that have been bought or looked at
- Aligning marketing measurements with Sales team initiatives to result in closed business
Jason GrizziDirector, Global Marketing and Sales Enablement
Ryan SpoonerMarketing Manager
Track C: The Mobile And Digital Salesforce3:00 pm - 3:35 pm EMAIL PANEL DISCUSSION: Using Email Content To Boost Interaction And Revenues Ebony Hunt, Global Program Manager, Digital Delivery,Hilti North America James Clark, eCommerce Marketing Manager,Coca-Cola Bill Mortimer, Senior Manager, Digital Marketing,Sonepar USA
Today’s customers are completely connected…so how are you making the most of your most direct sales channel? The experts on this panel weigh in as to how they are collating data to curate email content for informative and profitable interactions:
- Examining alternative types of content generation (outside of blogs, etc.) to integrate into your email program
- Using client stories: how to best use what your customers are already giving you)
- Using content to drive click-throughs (not just opens)
- Training your customers to engage with your content, even if that doesn’t lead to a sale every time
- Avoiding the abandoned shopping cart—sending reminders or similar products
- Product purchase history—making your salesforce the first line of defense if clients haven’t recently interacted with your most direct channel
Ebony HuntGlobal Program Manager, Digital Delivery
Hilti North America
James ClarkeCommerce Marketing Manager
Bill MortimerSenior Manager, Digital Marketing
Industry Boardrooms3:00 pm - 3:35 pm LEADERS IN DISTRIBUTION (CONTINUED) James Sandora, GVP, Digital,Kerry
An industry specific facilitated strategy discussion focused on addressing challenges and sharing lessons learned within the manufacturing community.
(Limited to 15 Participants)
James SandoraGVP, Digital
3:35 pm - 4:25 pm Sweet Treats Afternoon Refreshment & Networking Break Hosted By HS2 Solutions
Need a little sugar rush? Have a sweet treat and meet someone new!
4:25 pm - 5:00 pm B2B Best Practices RoundtablesMichael Margolies, Vice President, Creative Services,Leggett & Platt Harley Thomas, Channel Manager,Arrow Companies Dana Moeller, Marketing Manager,Curbell Plastics Evan Fratzke, Digital Marketing Specialist,Van Meter Inc. Lisa Malleus, Head of Ecommerce Digital Solutions ITS Americas,Mondelez International Chester Hunter, VP,Aquila
This is your opportunity to break into small groups and brainstorm with your peers on specific topics around digital marketing and eCommerce. Please choose one of the tables below:
1. Can Subscriptions Work In Your B2B Marketplace?
Michael M. Margolies, VP, Creative Services, Leggett & Platt
2. Successful Site Search Best Practices
Harley Thomas, Channel Manager, Arrow Companies
3. It’s Not Just a “Marketing Project”: Getting The Entire Organization On-Board With Digital
Dana Moeller, Director of Marketing, Curbell Plastics
4. Simple SEO Tactics For Harvesting Low Hanging Fruit
Evan Fratzke, Digital Marketing Specialist, Van Meter Inc.
5. Creating A Site Experience That Engages Your Customer And Drives Sales
Andy Borski, Senior Manager of eCommerce, Construction Supply Group
6. B2B Online: Transactional vs Relationship Commerce
Lisa Malleus, Head of Ecommerce Digital Solutions ITS Americas, Mondelez International
7. How Do You Attract, Qualify And Maintain A Superior Value Added Reseller Network?
Chester Hunter, VP, Aquila
Michael MargoliesVice President, Creative Services
Leggett & Platt
Harley ThomasChannel Manager
Dana MoellerMarketing Manager
Evan FratzkeDigital Marketing Specialist
Van Meter Inc.
Lisa MalleusHead of Ecommerce Digital Solutions ITS Americas
5:15 pm - 6:15 pm B2B Online Party At SPiN Chicago
Come show off your skills and be a ping-pong champ at this fun spot for some friendly competition!