VP, Applications & Architecture
Alan Yang is Vice President of Applications and Architecture at MSC Industrial Supply Co. leading the company's eCommerce, Supply Chain and Architecture teams. During his tenure, MSC has ascended to the rank of #30 on Internet Retailer's Top 500 list and was awarded their prestigious "B2B E-Commerce Player of the Year" award in 2016. Alan began his career developing scalable, high performing systems on the trading floors of J.P. Morgan, and has since led successful teams dedicated to solving tough business challenges through the use of innovative technologies in the financial services, health care and distribution sectors.
Day Three: Retention & The Customer Journey
One of the biggest struggles B2B companies face when trying to update their platforms is how to integrate them with already existing legacy systems. An ERP system is the backbone of a company’s infrastructure, yet many are too old to fit seamlessly into the latest eCommerce platform. They require customization, patience and a little bit of elbow grease.
• Understanding the headaches of the slow-performing and inflexible ERP platform
• Creating an integrated system that is built for global scaling
• Evaluating the benefits of de-coupling your ERP system from your e-commerce platform
• Integrating new technologies and tools to better serve your ERP system
If your website is wasting your customer’s precious time, nothing else matters. Poor performance will instantly drive your customers to the competition. Sub-second response and 100% uptime is the new customer reality but do you know how your website is really performing? Learn from a Top 30 Internet Retailer what you need to know to ensure your website is fast enough to keep your customers engaged.
• You can’t fix what you can’t see. Learn how to identify problem areas that will impact your customer experience
• Milliseconds count; Key considerations to optimize the performance of your website
• Blockbuster online growth? What you need to do to stay ahead of the performance curve